Oatmeal Jam Bars
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tea. baking soda
- 1/4 tea. salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tea. finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 3oz. packages of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tea. lemon juice
oven 350 prep time 15 min bake 35 min.
- Preheat 350 use 9x9x2 inch pan line with foil....grease foil , set aside
- In medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt stir in oats lemon peel set aside
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter in electric mixer on med to high for 30 seconds
- Add flour mixture, beat on low till crumbly
- Remove 1 cup set aside
- Press remaining into pan .Bake for 20 min.
- In small bowl add jam and lemon juice . Carefully spead over hot mixture, sprinkle remaining crumb mixture and bake 15 more min.
- cool on wire rack
- use foil to lift bars out of pan .
- Makes about 16 bar
- love the raspberry taste