Next on my TRY List
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 2 TBS taco seasoning
- 4 oz cream cheese
- about 8 oz jumbo pasta shells (some may break - I used 21, but started with 25)
- 10 oz enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1¼ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil
- Boil your pasta shells for about 10 minutes, or until cooked al dente according to package directions. Rinse shells when they're done cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile cook up your ground beef and onions over medium high heat until cooked thoroughly.
- Drain excess grease from the pan. Add in the taco seasoning and stir to mix.
- Mix in the cream cheese and cook until the cheese is melted throughout. Set aside.
- Combine your enchilada sauce and salsa in a small bowl.
- Pour about half of your enchilada sauce salsa mixture into the bottom a 9x13 pan and spread around to cover.
- Fill each jumbo shell with a heaping 1 TBS of meat mixture and place into the pan with the sauce.
- Repeat util all the shells or meat mixture is gone.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce salsa mixture over the top of the shells.
- Wrap pan in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with cheeses.
- Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.