Saturday, September 13, 2014

SOUP for Today

        As a young child I remember having to sit at the table until we tried the funnt looking things in the white soup .I think I sat there for over 2 hours before I would do it....Now when I was 30 I tried it and I love it now....funny my mom told me that when I was younger, I would not eat anything that was red. I guess we do weird things when we are kids.
The soup that caused the trouble was 

                                    OYSTER STEW

  • 1 tall can Evaporated Milk
  • 1 1/2 cups boiling water
  • 4 thin slices of onion
  • 1 branch celery cut in strips
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1
  • pint oysters
  • 1 1/2 tea. salt
  • 1/4 tea. pepper
Combine milk, water, vegetables and bay leave in double boiler. Place over hot water and heat until milk is scalded not boiled. Strain to remove veg.. Return hot milk to double boiler and add oysters and butter. Cover and heat till ends of oysters curl..

   It is great ....ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Bud

  He is my best friend,he stays right by my side . I wonder how he will react when hopefully I don't need the w/c anymore. ...