Monday, June 11, 2018

Garlic Butter Prime Rib

Prime rib can be a little intimidating to make because you are trying to achieve the perfect medium rare temperature.  Since prime rib can be a bit pricy, the last thing that you want to do is to over cook it.  I have had that happen before and it is awful!  I highly recommend using an oven thermometor for this recipe.  It makes it easy to quickly check to see if it is getting close to the desired temperature.
Garlic Butter Herb Prime Rib
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
Author: 
INGREDIENTS
  • 2-6 pounds bone prime rib (boned and tied)
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Remove the prime rib from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before to bring it to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl mix butter, garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper. Rub all of the butter on the outside of your prime rib and plave in a roasting pan or large skilletwith the fat side up.
  3. Cook for 15 minutes and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees. It is about 15 minutes per pound of meat. Bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 110 degrees.
  4. Remove from oven and let it rest with foil for at least 20 minutes. The temperature will rise to 130 degrees for a medium rare prime rib. This is 
  5. something I would have my daughter the 
chef or my son who used to manage LONGHORN STEAK MAKE ME

http://www.therecipecritic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Bud

  He is my best friend,he stays right by my side . I wonder how he will react when hopefully I don't need the w/c anymore. ...