Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saturday's Soup

    I have been baking butternut squash  alot latley when my daughter come for lunch . She really like it.I use honey or maple syurp and cinnamom so today I tried squash soup.  I found  this one on Cooks.com.
                     

6 c. chicken broth
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 lg. butternut squash, about 4 lb.
1 tsp. mace
1 tsp. nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
Sour cream, yogurt or grated cheese for garnish

Pierce the entire butternut squash with a sharp knife. Place on microwave dish, cover with paper towels and microwave on high for 20 minutes. Peel and remove seeds.Meanwhile, place broth and onion in large, partially covered saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add cooked squash and remaining ingredients and simmer for 25 minutes, uncovered. Puree in blender. Serve hot with garnish. Yield: 8 servings.
NOTE: May be frozen up to 1 month.
          Butternut Soup   very tasty and a nice rainy day for it.butternut soup from www.wholefoodsmarket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Bud

  He is my best friend,he stays right by my side . I wonder how he will react when hopefully I don't need the w/c anymore. ...