Saturday, August 16, 2014

SOUP DAY

            On Saturday I like to make soup because it is a lazy day for cooking. I can make soup and have a sandwich. So I will be sharing my favorite soups on this day till I run out of ideas:
            WILD MUSHROOM SOUP

3 TBS BUTTER
2  SHALLOTS, DICED
 1 1/2 POUNDS MIXED WILD MUSHROOMS shiitake, oyster sliced
1 TBS CHOPPED FRESH THYME
3 TBS FLOUR
7 CUPS LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH
3/4 CUP HEAVY CREAM
1/4 CUP DRY SHERRY
2 TEA SALT
1/8 TEA PEPPER
3/4 CUP PARSLEY CHOPPED

Get a large lidded pot, melt butter over med. heat add shallots, saute 2 min add mushrooms and thyme saute 8 min. sprinke in flour cook 2 min stirring
add stock bring to boil turn down simmer 15 min
stir in cream,sherry, salt and pepper bring to a simmer [ do not boil] 
add parsle and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Bud

  He is my best friend,he stays right by my side . I wonder how he will react when hopefully I don't need the w/c anymore. ...