Saturday, September 11, 2021

Challenging eye level cooking in wheelchair


 Hi,

Today I would like to comment on the problems of cooking while in a wheelchair.  I find that is so much harder than it was when I could walk...for one thing you cannot see in the pots while you are cooking. When cooking bacon or any other meat that can splash you have to be very careful because you are at eye level...I find I have to go to the table to cut veggies because it is lower than the counter tops..also to put meals together for the oven...I usually have to have someone put it in and take out of oven when done, I have weak arms from shoulder replacment and rotator cuff repair on the other one.....I have to do things a little differently now, but I can still put out a great meal.

 easier to slice things at the table
can't always see in the pot
 would be nice to have the counters and stove lowered but that would be a big expense so I will continue to do it the way I do now.





 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Bud

  He is my best friend,he stays right by my side . I wonder how he will react when hopefully I don't need the w/c anymore. ...